dimanche 27 novembre 2011

Revising and Editing

Scores:

Pre-test: 38/50
Lesson 2: 53/60
Lesson 3: 16/18
Lesson 4: 17/21
Lesson 5: 4/4
Lesson 6: 8/10
Lesson 7: 23/25
Lesson 8: 16/20
Lesson 10: 12/15
Lesson 13 : 14/14
Lesson 15 : 5/10
Post-test : 46/50

Effectiveness :

Unfortunately, I feel like I didn’t improve much my writing skills, partly because I didn’t spend much time reviewing my assignments and working on improving it and partly because we never corrected our homework (writing work and grammar work) in class so consequently, I wasn’t always sure if my answers were accurate.      

Things learned :

This course was very enlightening for me as far as literature goes. We read few short stories, poems and even saw and read a playwright. We also learned a lot about different authors, periods that they lived in and genres. This allowed me to enlarge my general knowledge regarding American and Canadian literature. However, I’m not quite sure if I learned anything new as far as writing goes. Thought-out this semester, I found myself using things like structure, literary elements and ways to start an introduction that I previously learned in high-school.   

Appreciation:

What I liked the most about this course is the fact that we mainly read stories from 19th and 20th century writers. This is due to the fact that older authors as well as their stories don’t really interest me mostly because of the old style English. In addition, it allowed us to discover stories that can still relate to our present lives. I also liked analysing these stories in class and listening to its different interpretations even though it wasn’t necessarily a part of this course’s programme. On the other hand, what I “liked less” about this class was the unit about poetry simply because I can’t seem to appreciate this form of literature, not even in songs.

Course rating :

During this semester, my evaluations were always done on time, I only missed one day of classes and always read carefully every single one of the short stories, playwrights and poems that were due.  However, I feel like I didn’t always give my 100% and as they say, there is always room for improvement! For instance, sometimes, I could have paid more attention in class; I could have done my writing work and grammar work more attentively and I could have given more effort towards the evaluations that I did (especially projects and our writing assignment). For the aforementioned reasons, I would give myself a 6,5/10.   

1 commentaire:

  1. Contents 12 / 15, Thanks for your feedback on the course. I was actually looking for comments on the "Proofreading. . ." assignment you did.
    Language 9 / 10
    Score 21 / 25

    Good!

    RépondreSupprimer