jeudi 10 novembre 2011

Revising and Editing 1

1. What I liked most about my text is ... 
First paragraph

2. What I liked least about my text is ...
Conclusion

Here are my suggestions for improving the:

3. introduction 

I should have used one of the 11 ways to introduce an essay that we learned in class. 


4. thesis statement 
I should bring up my subject in a more creative way.

5. topic sentence of each paragraph 
I can look up for previous examples to make sure that my topic sentences contain everything. 

6. content of the text 
Unfortunately, I have a bad habit of not doing a plan before writing. That technique might help me to improve my paragraph's content. 


7. organization of the text 
I believe that my text is well organized, except for the conclusion since I didn't write a thesis statement. 


9. sentence style of the text 
I might use every now and then a figure of speech. 

10. vocabulary 
I could highlight the words that I often use in my text and try to find synonyms in a Thesaurus.
11. grammar 
Unfortunately, I didn't get any feedback on my grammar. Consequently, I'm not sure just yet whether it needs improvement or not.

12. spelling
Rereading my text and looking for some of the words in a dictionary.

13. conclusion 
My conclusion was the weakest link in my text because it lacks a thesis statement. Writing one the next time, would of course improve my mark. 

1 commentaire:

  1. Some good general comments, but quite concise. I was, however, looking for some specific ways of improving the text, such as a figure of speech or a thesis statement you could have used you could have used. 7/10

    RépondreSupprimer