What I really like about The Tell-Tale Heart is the fact that the main character’s motivations are mostly dictated by his feelings and senses. Therefore, when we read the story, we don’t have to engage in analysing and interpreting its character’s actions (since his actions are irrational) which makes it a really pleasant reading experience.
mercredi 7 septembre 2011
- Where is Mr. B's office? C-150
- What percentage of the course is writing and speaking worth? 80%
- How many items are on the "Writing Correction Code"? 18 items
- What are Mr. B's office hours? Tuesdays: 11:30 - 2:30, Wednesdays 1:00 - 2:00 and Thursdays 3:00 - 4:00
- What is the 48 hour rule? When a student is planning on being absent during an evaluation, he has 48 hours to notify his teacher. Otherwise, this student is going to fail his evaluation.
- What is the first assignment? Interview one of the student's and write a blog about it.
- How many references are made to "thesis statement"? 13 references
- How can I reach Mr. B? Via MIO and e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- How many short stories are we going to read? 3 short stories
- How many pages on the site refer to "grammar"? Unfortunately, I couldn't find any!
- How many items are listed in the Student Agreement? 10 items
- What are the summative writing assignments? Assignments that are going to count in our final mark.
- Write down two questions you have about the course?
1 - As far as litterature goes, are we going to study any modern novels?
2 - What would be the main advantage of taking the 103A English course while other English courses are worth the same amount of credits ?